Viet Nature Conservation Centre is a non-profit Scientific and Technological Organisation, operating in the field of nature conservation, under the Union of Science and Technology of Vietnam (called VUSTA). Viet Nature was converted from an international conservation organization-BirdLife International which has been operating in Vietnam for 20 years in the field of nature conservation.
Currently we are implementing the project “Protection of biodiversity and enhancement of ecosystem services of the Dong Chau – Khe Nuoc Trong Forest, Le Thuy District, Quang Binh Province”
We are inviting qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
Job Title: Project Accountant
Starting date: As soon as posible
Duty Station: This position is based in Viet Nature’s office in Hanoi, with frequent travel to project sites in Quang Binh as required.
Reporting line: Project Director and Viet Nature’s Head of Finance and Administration Department
Purpose: Under the authority of the Project Director and direct supervision of the Head of Finance and Administration Department, the Project Accountant will provide accounting and financial management support for smooth, timely and cost-effective project implementation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain accurate and complete accounts for all project expenditures. Perform routine reconciliation operations involving a variety of documents and accounts. Responsible for filing of all project accounting records, invoices, receipts, etc.
- Make disbursements from petty cash fund and maintain records of such disbursements and balance accounts as required.
- Produce and submit monthly accounts as well as periodic financial reports and forecasts for the project management and in accordance with Viet Nature’s financial management system.
- Produce periodical financial reports for the projects for submission to donors as required.
- Be responsible for all procurement matters in the project.
- Maintain a proper register and periodic inventories of project assets.
- Assist the Project Director in maintaining an overview of the financial situation of the project, to ensure that timely administrative support is provided in general and particular areas. Assist the Project Director in preparing and modifying project budget as necessary.
- Brief and assist the project team staff on the administrative and finance procedures and requirements, providing timely guidance on administrative procedures, so that they can work effectively with the project partners. Assist project team members in monitoring implementation of activities.
- Responsible for arranging project financial audits and supporting Viet Nature’s overall programme audits as required.
- Other tasks as required by Project Director and/or Viet Nature’s Head of Finance and Administration.
- Inside Viet Nature:
Work closely with finance and administration team in Viet Nature’s headquarters.
Engage with and support project staff.
- Outside Viet Nature:
Interact regularly with government agencies, project partners, consultants, suppliers, service providers.
- Responsibility for work of others: N/A
- BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant education background
- Partial or complete qualification in an accredited Accounting body (CPA, ACCA, etc)
- 1-3 years work experience in accounting/finance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel).
- Fluent in written and spoken English (preferably TOEIC>=800; or ITETS >= 7.0, TOEFLE>= 580)
- Personality: attention to detail, patient and sociable.
- Experience working in projects or NGOs with international funding is an advantage.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can send a application letter, CV in English stating the position title to:
Trung tâm bảo tồn thiên nhiên Việt
#202, nhà 18T2, Lê Văn Lương, Thanh Xuân, Hà nội.
or email to: Admin@thiennhienviet.org.vn
Closing date for application: 28th February 2015.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Please no telephone contact after submitting the application. This is a re-advertisement. Those who already applied need not re-apply.
Viet Nature Conservation Centre (Viet Nature) is a Vietnamese not-for-profit science and technology organization in the field of nature conservation, established in 2012 under the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (VUSTA), under license issued by the Ministry of Science and Technology on 2nd January 2013.
Viet Nature’s vision of Vietnam is a country with a healthy natural environment maintaining its diversity of species and habitats, its ecological integrity and resilience, where people and nature and people live in harmony and prosperity, responsibly and sustainably.
Viet Nature’s mission is nature conservation – its species, habitats and natural ecosystem, sustainable use of natural resources, working with people to improve the quality of life for people as well as all life on earth.
Viet Nature’s main registered areas of operation include, inter alia:
Evolved from BirdLife International Vietnam Programme, Viet Nature is working towards becoming a member of the prestigious BirdLife International Partnership and working with many other national and international organizations to realize its conservation vision.
Viet Nature, together with the Quang Binh Forest Protection Department and Dong Chau Watershed Protection Forest, are implementing a 5-year project entitled “Protection of biodiversity and enhancement of ecosystem services of the Dong Chau – Khe Nuoc Trong Forest, Quang Binh province, Vietnam” (hereinafter referred to as “KNT Project”). The project ‘s purpose is to build a sustainable foundation of support and management for Khe Nuoc Trong Forest and its surrounding landscape through the public-private partnership between Viet Nature Conservation Centre, Quang Binh Provincial Forest Protection Department and Dong Chau Watershed Protection Forest Management Board to manage the site as a Nature Reserve – the level of protection that its extreme biodiversity value deserves. Viet Nature is responsible for the management and execution of the project. The Project Field Manager will be contracted by Viet Nature to represent Viet Nature in the project activities in Quang Binh Province in consultation with the Project Director.
The project uses carbon financing approach, which is by its nature long-term and the project is envisaged to last for 30 years, with initial funding secured for 5 years (2014-2019).